Your resume is your "life story" without the story -- just the facts, please -- as positively as you can present them.
Like your life story, your resume is uniquely yours, although there are many common themes and necessary ingredients to include. They may be arranged chronologically or functionally or in any consistent manner suitable to the situation.
These are the categories of basic items to include on your resume:
- Contact information:
- Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address
- Degrees and accomplishments -- relevant courses, GPA, noteworthy projects and major studies.
- Work experience:
- Positions, duties, achievements
- Special skills:
- Any relevant special abilities
- Personal interests:
- Interests should have some relevance to defining you as a person
- Community activities:
- Activities that contribute to your profile as a potential employee
- References information:
- Present actual data or a "references available upon request " statement
BACK TO TOP