Arrange for Main Ideas
1. The rosary beads they’d twisted and looped around her knotty hands were her everyday amber ones, not the good wine-red ones she took out of their velvet case at Easter and Christmas – the ones Grandma herself would have chosen for this occasion.
2. Mrs. Mumphy and her daughter had gone to Grandma’s house to pick out her clothes.
3. She had on the green print dress she’d worn to our wedding.
4. I forced my eyes up to her wax-museum face.
5. Death or the undertaker had relaxed her facial muscles.
6. She was and wasn’t Grandma.