chapter opener material: VISUAL #1
Clarkesville, Tennessee, the morning after a tornado devastated the city on January 22. The Trinity building, consecrated in 1881, was the third church in the Diocese of Tennessee to be destroyed by tornadoes within less than a year. (Episcopal News Service photo by Bishop Bertram Herlong)
1. I n Chapter 11, you learn how to read, understand and create visuals. Visuals convey meaning to us, just as words in a book do, and they help us remember.
2. Why do instructors and authors use visuals? How do they help us to learn more effectively?
3. · What is the message of the visual?
· Is it effective? Why?
· Will it help you remember the message? How?
· Do you think that this visual is as powerful as words? In what way?